Let me ask you the hard question out of the gate for 2021: are you justifying your partner’s bad behaviour or totally overlooking signs that indicate your partner may not be expressing the love and support you both agreed upon earlier on in your relationship?
I’m sure you have asked yourself at times is this really healthy for us? We have all been there and I understand the struggles you may be experiencing when trying to understand and communicate with your partner the disappointment and hurt you are experiencing.
The one thing I know for sure is how important it is for all couples to learn how to communicate effectively when these red flags appear.
Here is a list of 6 red flags for you to look out for:
- You never feel heard/considered in the relationship
- Your partner is highly defensive and never shows their vulnerable side to you
- Your partner neveraccepts accountability for their actions. Or if they do, they make sure to say “but I wouldn’t have done it if you hadn’t done…”
- You’re afraid of your partner’s reactions/judgements that you find yourself altering or censoring yourself often
- You are constantly bickering and disagreeing
- You are struggling to collaborate resolutions
If you have ticked any of the above then maybe it’s time you both sit down, work though the list and share your concerns. Chances are if you are feeling this way then your partner may be feeling the same.
Don’t ignore the red flags, take a positive stand for you and for your relationship.
If you are struggling to find the words or know how to address your concerns with your partner, then my new Relationship Recovery Program may be what you need.
This program has been developed over many years working with hundreds of couples, identifying the key areas of concern. It is designed to help you heal from past hurts and guide you both towards a stronger intimate connection through awareness, communication and intimacy strategies, supporting and strengthening your romantic relationship connection.
To learn more or book yourself an appointment head to my website for details.